Status Report(PDF file)
IEA IMPLEMENTING AGREEMENT FOR
CO-OPERATION ON TOKAMAK PROGRAMMES
Status Report on CTP IA
on 2-3 February 2011
at the IEA Headquarters
- The IEA Large Tokamak (LT) IA was revised to the IA for Co-operation on Tokamak Programmes
(CTP IA) in June 2010.
- In September 2010, the Chair sent a letter in which the Executive Committee unanimously requested
the CERT to extend the current term of the Implementing Agreement to 30th June 2011 at the request
of the CERT in order to implement the CERT's recommendations at its meeting of 3-4 March 2010. The chair received, in December 2010, an official notification which indicated that the end date of the extension approved by the CERT is not 30 June 2011 as proposed by the ExCo but 30 June 2012. In the 1st meeting of the IEA CTP IA held at Château de Cadarache, France on 15-16 December 2010, the Executive Committee unanimously accepted the CERT decision to extend the current term of the Implementing Agreement to 30 June 2012. The draft minutes of this meeting is shown in Attachment-1.
- In the 1st CTP Executive Committee meeting, the committee confirmed or agreed to the followings;
- The Committee agreed to the Personnel Exchange Plan for 2011;
- The Committee will submit the request for another 5-years extension to 30 June 2017, which was already agreed to unanimously by the Committee, for the FPCC meeting to be held in February 2012;
- An executive summary of the annual report (January - December) would be prepared to be sent by November to the IEA, then detailed report would be prepared for an FPCC meeting, which is held in February usually, well in advance;
- The chair will send the letters to invite China, India and Russia to join the CTP IA once the chair receive information on their contact points for this issue;
- The term of chair of the Committee is one year, and the chairmanship is transferred to the successor just after the FPCC meeting every year;
- The next ITPA CC meeting, the 10th Workshop on Joint Experiments and the 2nd CTP Executive Committee meeting will be held consecutively at Cadarache, France on 12-15 December 2011.